View Single Post
Old 03-25-2024, 07:28 PM

Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
Noriyasu, the replacement steering rack looks good! I have to unwrap mine as its been on the shelf for one year.

The paintwork also looks great. I need to do the right mirror on my SVX due to failing clearcoat in a small spot.

Last night, I pulled apart the ruined connector and aftermarket splices someone had added to the door lock module connector. I also test fit the used door lock module. I found a replacement connector and pins, and ordered them.

I also have to swap in the cruise control unit, soon.

Over the weekend, I spent time finishing up the items left loose by the body shop on my 1989 BMW. The subframe had to come out, all suspension and bushings were fitted improperly by the shop. After a few days, I reinstalled the subframe correctly and with new hardware where needed. To finish that car, I am waiting on sway bar bushings and a driveshaft support bearing.
Hello, your two German cars also look attractive.

Recently, my cars have been in generally good condition, so I haven't done any major maintenance on them. Removing the subframe is quite a process. When restoring my wife's small car, we had to remove all the parts from rear-end for rust removal and welding.

Her car R1 is the successor to the VIVIO and is Subaru's last light-weight small car. Only about 1,700 AWD supercharged models were registered. It's a very rare car. A special limited edition made of Alcantara and leather, reminiscent of the seats of the SVX.

This year, I'm planning to overhaul the spare engine I acquired earlier. We live at a high altitude, so a supercharger is very helpful. The surrounding area is mostly sloped, which is difficult for cars with small displacement, but this one runs very well.