View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 06:58 PM

Re: ECUtuner software and Select Monitor Interface

Hm, I'm not sure I follow why I wouldn't be able to use what I've already got (it's the alcyone.org.uk memory adapter. I had the board professionally produced using ExpressPCB) ... Isn't it simply an interface between a ROM chip and the ECU? And as such, wouldn't they have to function fundamentally the same given the ECU is expecting the device plugged into the expansion socket to function a particular way? Wouldn't I simply be able to burn the tune's ROM (.bin file) to my chips? I have a Moates Burn2 programmer that I used to load the modified JDM base tune onto my chips. I'd assumed the same would hold true for your tune...

Although, if there's another reason I'm missing such as an incompatibility between the different chips (old-vs-new), and I can't go forth with what I have, then I guess I'm stuck and only have one option - buy everything over again and somehow sell what I've got. I hope this isn't the reality I'm facing, because I have a decent amount of money tied up in the hardware that I'll never get back (shipping, tax & duty costs, for instance). Being an unemployed full-time student means I don't have much in the way of extra funds either...

I also had to order three PCBs as a minimum, so I ended up buying the components required to build three adapters, thinking I'd be able to more easily sell the boards if they were ready to drop into the car. I have 6 genuine SST 27SF512 ROM chips in total... if I'm unable to use them, I need to get them onto ebay pronto to help fund the purchase of your updated mem adapter, the FTDI cable, etc.

Thanks for the info though. I may not like hearing it, but it's appreciated.

Also, I've got a number of old laptops I can choose from to use for this purpose. No worries there. I'm a computer technician, so I've got WAY too much in the way of old tech

I'd like to get this underway as soon as possible, so perhaps if you could get back to me by email with pricing, I can get the funds to you right away. Thanks!
1994 Polo Green SVX LSi : 28x,xxx KMs - 4.44 4EAT, Mazdaspeed3 18x7" wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sports, full custom stainless mandrel hi-flow catted Magnaflow exhaust, drilled front rotors, Russel braided lines, EGR/AC/spare deletes, power mode switch, JDM base tune, etc. Lots more to come...