View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 01:14 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suby Fan View Post
i went from wanting a stage 1 to reading this thread, and not wanting one and then reading the numbers and now i will be buying one...
The posts were right, it's worth the $

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
They look healthy. Thank you for sharing. It will still be nice to see the measured "before" figures versus the measured "after".

Just for comparison.

I just got back to Raleigh and still no email from the shop... I'll be calling them on Monday and having them email the 6 pulls to me while I am on the phone. I'll post them up as soon as I get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX View Post
Just go ahead and post them here to, so we dont need to go hunting...
Rodger that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomake Wan View Post
Indeed. This does make me really happy, though. Good to know I wasn't hallucinating the power.
Nope, the power is definitely there. There isn't a massive gain but there's enough to tell that something is different. I am only speaking for the last ~12 hours that it's been on my car. Apparently it is suppose to get better as the days pass and the ECU learns how to work with it's new "buddy"... For me, the most noticable thing is the smoothness. My car used to do all kinds of hesitations at low RPM hard acceleration. Now there is absolutly nothing. The torque is available right from about 2,000 and stays super flat all the way to about 6,000rpm before it starts to fall off... My runs (after the chip was installed) only went to 7,000 rpm. I told the operator not to take it to fuel cut because I had reservations about running an engine with 133k miles on it well into the "RED" on the tach, essentially where it's never been before, and it'll never go... There is so much low and midrange power now I can short shift it all day and be totally happy...

I just thought of something... NEVER had I taken my engine to the stock fuel cut, and today I did it 3 times!!!

~ Chris

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...