Thread: Smile one :-)
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2004, 02:04 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nobody Send a message via MSN to Nobody
Cool Smile one :-)

Haiya,
seems everybody is enjoying its SVX and so there is so sleepy.
Here is thread just for your smile (as I am LOL):-)
As you probably know about my engine problems and my effort to get the best prices on needed parts I got on next level. Local Autocar magazine (mutation of the UK one) is preparing article about differences in car and parts pricing across EU. So I sent them email with my story and what happend, they published it without letting me know. I was little surprised when couple of my friends called me laughing. I stay behind my opinions I have sent them but there was some hyperbole (I accused local Subaru repre for their price policy and stated that I do not buy even oil filter for such a thumping price strategy). CEO of Subaru Czech right away called to my dealer saying what the hell I am doing writing such a things to the most popular magazine in Czech. Local dealer stays behind me saying him it is realy too much if there is over 50% difference between prices from Germany and Czech Rep. I do not mention average salary in both countries which is more than huge. Just to mention, Subaru Czech is de facto Emil Frey branch, which belongs to biggest Subaru dealers in continental Europe. It means they definitely have at least same prices like small dealer in Munich:-). VAT is 3% lower in Germany.
They promised lower prices from 1.6. so I will see. It is too funny for me but it is quite common here that "poor" people are willing to buy more expensive goods than rich ones.
For me it means that one can force such a company to make changes and at least think about what they are doing good or bad. Definitely I will have hard live with any claims on my Impreza which is still in warranty and I will have claims definitely...:-)