View Single Post
Old 12-18-2003, 03:05 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SVXer95
did they happen to mention where it was leaking from?
I'm gonna guess no, because a lot of places won't touch the car as soon as they smell gas. I took my truck in for an oil change once and had them refuse me for a 'fuel leak.' I took it to another shop and they said the first was crazy - that it was just the charcoal cannister smelling a little.

Take it to another place and don't pay the first a dime unless you signed a repair order of some kind. Besides, what are they charging you for if they wouldn't even look at it in the first place?

No offense to your boyfriend, but I wouldn't advise anybody to take their car to a place like Pep Boys for more than a battery or new wiper blades.

Thinking about it a little more, I'm going to go out on a limb and say their pronouncement of the car as ready to burst into flames at any second is probably an overreaction. By all means, get it looked at right away. But unless the fumes are strong, then go get your car and drive it to another mechanic.

As for your brakes, it sounds to me like your caliper is probably seizing. It shouldn't take more than a half-hour of labor to clear that up - a little more if they have to replace the pads. Did Pep Boys do your last brake job, too?

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 12-18-2003 at 03:09 PM.