Old 03-06-2002, 04:51 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Welcome

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Comparisons were done on design merits only, Joe. Seeing as how our friend GG designed the two.

It *was* interesting to see similarities in the interior layouts and how the SVX interior was something of a refinement of some of the nuances of the DeLorean.
OK, I get the point. My point about the DeLorean as a styling exercise would be the car was so naff it was crying out for somebody to add a nuclear powered dustbin to the back window. Our friend GG did not cover himself in glory in all his designs.

He designed the Fiat Panda, a car that makes wheelbarrows look elegant. He designed the Lexus Toyota GS 300 [you probably have another name for it] a car with stacks of ability and the grace and balance and charm of an Aard Vark. I could go on, but God knows who I would be offending. It is interesting to follow design themes through a series or a range of cars from a styling house all right.

However, the SVX is a study in bulbous and purposeful elegance. The DeLorean looks like it was designed by a welder in a scrap yard using flat panels for inspiration. Not my cup of tea.

Just for the record: my all-time favourite body shape [on wheels!!] is the Pininfarina designed Ferrari 250 Lusso 1963. Anyone care to raise my bet?

Joe
Ron? You out there?
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl