View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 01:41 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Question Two Stupid Questions, but nessisary to me

Ok these questions might sound insignificant and dumb but it has been nagging on my mind for the past couple of months.

One of them is about thrashing the SVX. So I start the engine leave it running for about 4-5 minutes maybe 10 until the rpms fall to a thousand or about 600. When I use the brakes I most of the time slowly press on the brakes ever increasing it to make sure it comes to a stop without that all infamous jolt. I also try not to use my brakes that much and when I do I use it in good distance of something and gradually come to a stop most of the time, unless I have no other choice but to suddenly. When I park my car I do the whole pull up the emergency brake, then put it into park and disengage the parking brake, unless I am on an incline of course.

So what it comes down to is I like to take it a bit briskly on turns, not fast, but not at your average speed either. I also have a tendency, to do quick sweeping turns at times. Would this be detrimental to anything too much?

I also want to know if it is a good idea to take a hose and just spray the bottom of the car to remove salt on a day when it is not below freezing point. Or is it just better to take it to a car wash where they can quickly dry it as well? I also heard something about commercial car washes make coolant magically disappear. Can someone please explain that?

Last edited by Weebitob; 02-04-2005 at 01:44 PM.