View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 06:11 PM

Arrow Re: PLESE HELP! Still have problem but not what I thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by possumfat9 View Post
Well, I appreciate all of the responses that I have received. I have now replaced all of the egr components and car still does the same. There is no subaru dealer anywhere near me. Last week I convinced a local service center to rent the software require from Snap-on to test my car.(strange that Subaru is not standard software with these analizers.) The problem has been determined but no reason found. It appears that after starting car that computer starts to retard timing. There should be certain default points in sytem but if so they are wrong. Anyway, computer retards timing until I am suffering from pre-detonation. (explains why dip stick blows out and crancase gets preasure-rised and oil goes everywhere.) I have studied the operation theary of this system and determined that Knock sensors were bad. I replaced them and new intake gaskets and it did no good. Now after talking to tech, we concluded must be computer malfunction.( high price article) I have noticed people here talking about resistor on Ebay. In theory it should make timing advance a small bit because of computer thinking air is colder than it actually is. I thought this would help test computer, so I bought one for 9 bucks. Instructions say to put resistor in place of Air temp sensor. I have studied eletric diagram and parts locator disc and see no such sensor. I e-mailed seller and he states that I should jump IAT Sensor in the mass air flow sensor. I have looked and still see no such thing. If anyone could please help me find the air temp sensor so that i can at least try this. If you notice I have posted only a few times and it always concerned this problem, as it has been going on about a year now. Again to explain problem.

I crank car and all is fine(runs good) As soon as temp hand starts to move car starts cutting out bad and back firing thru intake. If I press gas as to go faster than about 5 mph it skips and blows oil everywhere and exaust gets real hot and oil starts getting on it. smokes as if car is on fire. After engine reaches operating temp all is well again, its as if it never happened.(after oil is burnt off exaust that is) If I crank car and let it idle for 10 minutes it never has this problem. I love my SVX and have spent much time on it and really need to get this under control. Thanks to all.
This is odd. How many car owners has this SVX had? What's the maintenance record like? Try replacing your coolant temperature sensor with OEM (avoid aftermarket)
The problems you describe may be anything, though if it's a 1994 or older I'd suspect the Crank Angle Sensor and the Cam Sensor that sit underneath the alternator.
Clean these off with Seafoam or electronic cleaner such as Mass Air Flow cleaner then reinstall.
May solve your problem..