View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 12:35 AM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha
For example, suppose the ECU stores the TPS voltage value as F8 hex.
Kevin's vwrx software calculates (N * 5) / 256 and reports 4.84 volts
Vikash's legacy software calculates N / 50 and reports 4.96 volts
I wonder if Vikash's rounded calculations might be wrong?

My reasoning is because when reading voltages there must be some kind of A/D conversion going on (A/D => analog to digital). Normal analog conversion will produce something along the lines of 1024, 256, 512, 2^N.. etc.. Vikash's formula just took Kevin's and factored it out. (i.e. 5/256 => 1/51.2 and Vikash is essentially multiplying by 1/50). Depending on the # of bit conversion, rounding can loose a lot or just a little bit of information.
So I would think Vikash's math is losing some of the original value and therefore isn't as accurate unless he is trying to compensate for some kind of sampling error not mentioned??
just some thoughts...

~Marisa

p.s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
Greetings Marisa, It is the little asides within the technical stuff, that make this site so interesting. You must be jack of all trades, which is an attribute close to my heart.
I just like to try a little of anything. I like taking stuff apart and then seeing if I can put it back in working order (except with my SVX! I love her running). I enjoy building things most of all.. I don't really care what.. just putting stuff together is fun enough for me..

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram

Last edited by cozykat; 05-21-2007 at 12:47 AM.