View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Re: I called Verizon to upgrade my service!

I got hooked up pretty well. The best part is, I'm no longer a customer of comcast!

My story:

I went to pay my verizon bill, and saw an ad on verizon's site for awesome combo, so I called verizon and said "i want that". Then I said, hold on, I gotta call comcast to make sure i can cancel. The rep said "sure, go ahead, i'll wait." Quite sporting huh? So I put him on hold and dial up comcast. Fight through their automated system, sit on hold for about 30min.

While I'm on hold, I put the hold system on hold and switch back to verizon. I say "sorry, working on it, on hold..." and the verizon rep says "jay?" and i'm like "um... yes?" and then it clicked, and i was like "DAVE!" so i said i'll be back shortly, don't go anywhere. So i went back and fought with comcast. Lady's like let me pull up your bill, put me on hold for 10 minutes, came back and said i need the last 4 of your social, put me on hold for 10 more min, i had to listen to a million crappy commercials for comcast while I was on too.

Eventually, and i'm pretty sure it was well over an hour, I returned to dave. Bundled verizon phone, internet, and tv. I had already had internet and phone, i upgraded both and added tv. Dave was very helpful through-out the process, but was unable to give me a free laptop, as apparently they're only for dsl customers.

Come on though, they're dsl, what are they gonna do with a laptop, use it to warm their lap? Alas, rules are rules, what can you do. I got a $75 visa gift card though, and money off for the first few months. They'll be out Tuesday to install my service.

In closing, thanks Dave!
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!