Thread: Drive Day
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2003, 03:40 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Thumbs up Thanks for a great day!

Hi

Firstly, thank you to everyone who came. Reece, Sally and Robert - sorry you were sitting by the side of the Illawarra for so long - next time, we will do something down your way!

As for 3 point turns - I have to confess that the last time that I did this run I was following a number of cars at *ahem* a speed not wholly conducive to noticing that small turn off lanes rather than carrying on through the sweepers!!

And my profuse apologies to Michelle, Gordon and Arthur - we slowed down along the Illawarra and waited....tried the mobiles (mine was, by now, dead and I think I may have written Arthurs down wrongly (?) but no service...we bypassed the Macquarie Pass run and doubled back to Bowral since time was getting on.

I managed to get in contact with Michelle who was following Arthur and Gordon - they went down that lane where we *ahem...I mistakenly lead you!* but rather than turning around (after consulting the map!) kept going apparently because people thought I had chosen it because a dirt road (!)....to then find out there was a river crossing that they navigated under the assumption that the others had done it (which we had not since we weren’t there!) is just a classic!!! Michelle’s car was so dusty that I can only imagine what the others were like - I got Arthur’s message late last night when my phone was recharged that they were heading home via Albion Park

It must be said that for sheer dedication to SVXdom, Kienan, Reece + family, Paul and Chrissa and Anthony & Jenny take the cake for the sheer distances travelled

All in all, was great to see so many SVX’s in one place and I hope people had a good time - was a bit stressful at times in terms of directions but I don’t think we did too badly for an inaugural driveday as this was especially considering the number of cars

Michelle, Reece - those photos look excellent!! I am going to nurse my sunburn now!

Cheers

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!