View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 09:49 PM

Registered SVX
Re: NO MORE CLICK click CLICK START..ONLY START!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingElse View Post
Well it finally happened to me..click click click yadda yadda yadda why wont this ****ing car start!.....after tracing the wiring diagram and drawing out the circuit I began to do a simple voltage drop test in the most conspicuous area....THE INHIBITOR RELAY!!! GUESS WHAT!!! BAD INTERNAL CONTACTS...VOLTAGE DROP!!!

Ok sorry I got a little CAPS happy

replace relay...start start start start start

US models only, so our non us members with non us spec SVXii could not assist....we suck..before adding relays do yourself a favor and replace the bad one first.

Inhibitor relay + inhibits starting = fail.
Good one Eric.

Hoooooray, at long long last someone has had the brains to trace the problem.

I have always suspected the inhibit relay because it is a normally closed device. This means that the contacts are closed by only spring pressure and also have limited over travel. As a result they are more prone to give trouble, than normally open contacts.

As I keep pointing out, a fault of this sort left existing, could in future result in a completely open circuit. In which case a slave relay will not overcome the problem. Be very sure it will happen on a wet dark night, a long way from assistance.

Cheers , Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!