View Single Post
Old 12-26-2003, 05:47 PM
gamblergw

I am a newbie so i am in a learning stage. I bought a 92 about 3 weeks ago. It is in Ma. so i am flying out Mon to Ma. to drive it back. The weather in Ma. and holidays has made me wait until now. I paid for the car whithin 3 days and have not even seen it yet. Cant wait. So much for that . There was a svx trans. shift kit on ebay a few days ago. They say the reason the svx trannys fail is because they slip to much during shifts. They said and old trick that some svx owners use is to remove the dropping rsistor located behind the battery. There shift kit plugs into the dropping resistor some place and controls the tranny shifting. They state that removing the dropping resistor makes it shift to hard and the stock tranny does not shift hard enough. Said removing the resistor alone makes it shift with to much shock . After reading all the post about trannys they do make sence to me. The stock trans slips tp much creating heat and wearing out bands and other things. Guys, What do you think? I have not seen any post about the dropping resistor. Jim Stanley