View Single Post
Old 10-24-2001, 09:49 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

I'm not offended. It's all objective. The most dependable car I've ever owned (and I've told the story before) was a Ford that I sold for 100.00 to a guy who was going to remove the engine and put it in his pickup truck. It had 365K on it and never gave me a moment's trouble. The wife's Dodge Caravan has 130K on it and aside from general maintenance and an air conditioner repair, it has been sound as a dollar. I've also had a Chevy that dropped Cylinder #1 at just over 80K and a Ford that lost its tranny at 40K and a blown engine in a Mercury at 130K. The SVX is only my 2nd Japanese car, so I really have nothing to compare things to from personal experience. The Suzuki had over 130K when I traded it, but I'd only had it for a couple of years -- it was flawlessly dependable (except for a wheel bearing) in that two years. I've had family members who refused to drive anything but a Ford product, because of their dependability and others who'd buy noting but Dodge -- it's all relative. Meanwhile, I'm also with you on the Calvin thing . . . along with "No Fear" "Ain't Skeered" and the whole, childish mess of it. But, to each their own.
Time to brag on my '87 235K Chrysler AGAIN. Besides belts, brakes, batteries & tires; OK - one alternator & a collapsed headliner, NOTHING ever broke including the turbo, tranny & A/C. It's the DRIVER, guys, & of course, I'm perfect in every way, just like the rest of us SVXaholics. Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.