View Single Post
Old 10-24-2001, 09:22 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

I'm with ya, there cube (except for the "POS American vehicles thing
Without getting too deply into it, my reasons are objective, so don't get offended and think there's any animosity behind it. American manufacturers simply don't build cars that are as reliable as their Japanese counterparts. That can't be argued against while still being reasonable.

Which isn't to say there aren't American cars I don't like. I just place reliability above everything in a daily-driving car, and I don't see build quality or dependability on the top of the list for attributes of most American cars.

The Calvin stickers say something different to me. They don't say, 'I prefer Fords (or Chevrolets or Dodges) because their features or styling appeal to me more than what other manufacturers offer.' They say instead, 'I hate people who drive <insert manufacturer>'s vehicles.'

That's what they say to me. Jeez, hate a car company, whatever - but hating people for the car they drive is simply insane. Get your priorities straight.

Every time I see one of those stickers it just makes me nuts. I mean, really - do you honestly have nothing more important to say to the strangers in the car behind you?

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 10-24-2001 at 09:28 AM.