View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Im REALLY addicted! CANT STOP!

Send a message via MSN to mysvxrocks Send a message via Yahoo to mysvxrocks
Re: 3.0 H6 Leggy Outback..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondasucks View Post
They are full of shizz, you do not have to pull the motor to do the plugs. Flat rate time is the same as an SVX, half hour a plug, so three hours total. The guy I work with says that you can unbolt the motor mounts and jack the engine up a few inches and that helps if you are doing it at home, but at work we stick it on the lift and do the plugs from the bottom.

I've actually never done the plugs on an H6 though, I did do them on a turbo forester once, took me 1.5 hours since I had to do them all by hand cuz I couldn't quite get my air ratchet in there, and the service writer came out and got mad at me cuz she thought all Subarus were 1.4 for the plugs, and the master tech was like "No, turbos are 2.4, and he's done with an hour to spare so I don't know why you are complaining!"

Yeah you should not have to pull the motor... You shouldnt even need to jack it up. We changed out the plugs on my SVX when we resealed the valve covers, and they gave us no problem. It just takes a little time, and patience to get in there. (We didnt even use the access hole) Ive had some bad luck with the dealers around here, so I havent even bothered to go back to them for anything period. When my window got broken out, they told me that I would have to leave the car at the dealer, for a few DAYS, because it was such a very hard, and extremely involved job, that would take at least 8 hours to do. Needless to say, I did the job myself in less than half an hour. Just my opinion... But no, there should be no reason at all to have to pull the motor for that. They are just trying to get as much money out of him as possible.

2006 Infra-Red Ford Focus ZX3 ~ 67k

No longer SVX'n, Ill always miss them!

1995 Polo Green LS-i ~ 95k
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~ 145k (04/91) #2231
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831