View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 12:25 AM
eg33svx95

Registered SVX
Re: 6 speed consideration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireiron View Post
One issue with the 08+ 6MT is they do not have any provision for the speed sensor on the transmission. Those vehicles use the ABS rings on the wheels for speed. So you will not be able to connect the speedometer and the ECU will not have any speed input.
As Tireiron stated, the only hiccup with the 08+ 6MT's is the lack of a speed sensor, however a quick and cheap fix is this ABS to VSS signal converter. http://mapdccd.com/vss.html Just splice a handful of ABS wires at the computer under the passenger seat and tap the signal into the VSS wire on the ECU and done. It's about a 1 hr job with the hardest part being removing the seat and pulling the carpet up and re-installing. HAHA

I for the longest time tried sourcing an 07 due to the taller gearing and the benefit of the speed senor, however they were all 90K and above. I ended up going with an 08 6MT, 78K miles.
Brilliant Red 95 SVX L AWD 149K miles - #904/1801, 08 STI 6MT with DCCD & VSS, ACT SB10 HDSS, 6MT bushings, DW200 Fuel pump, 17x7.5 VX-SCYTHE Wheels, 17x8 BBS STI Wheels,PERRIN CRANK PULLEY, 911 Turbo oil filter,$15/15min MOD & $20/20min Mod, Brontrager WORKS 22mm RSB w/ QS component endlinks, SS Brake Lines, DDM TUNING 6000K HID LOWS, Hella Optilux Extreme Yellow Fog Lights,Window scratcher fix, JDM Clear Corners

My Locker