View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 04:06 PM

Registered SVX
Re: 20/13 Cruise - I'd like a head count if there is interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
This appears to be an nidication of the challenges of having a meet in this area. There isn't enough interesting stuff nearby.
Not so much. There is plenty of interesting stuff nearby, but it doesnt seem like anyone wants to really go out and explore. No disrespect to the group or anything intended by that, take it however you wish.

My problem was trying to plan a route that was not only fun, but not too long. Google maps says an hour each way, but considering most of the roads are back routes with little to no traffic, it shouldnt be anywhere near that long. The run back can be all highway, which makes it a 25-30 minute drive tops. Again, I can shorten the route up, but it takes all of the scenery out of the cruise, which defeats the purpose of a cruise IMHO. Its really not as long as makes it out to be. 30 miles at an average of 45-50 mph. If everyone has a copy of the directions and map, its not a problem keeping the group together (hence why I posted the route prior to the event, so everyone could have a copy).

As it sits, I probably won't be planning anything for future meets. I've been running around for the past month or so like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get everything together. It really is a delicate balance. I tried/am trying to accommodate everyone here, and its not easy. Hence why I finally just said the hell with it and made the cruise destination Skyline Dr. No one wanted to speak up on any of the options I posted, so..

I'll be down there in the morning no later than 1130. I have items to put into the raffle for everyone, and depending on the group of people who want to run the cruise, I may or may not go. Either way I still have to travel that route to get home, so its no skin off my back.

Last edited by DiabloScoobyru; 04-27-2012 at 04:10 PM.