View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 10:31 AM

Re: Fully Carbonfiberized & Alcantra Interior

Thanks for all compliments. feedback on some of the questions.

1. they are real carbon-fiber fabric hand wrapped over the stock pieces. The original interior color was tan. so much detail to be looked after for a thorough conversion. I happened to came across this guy who has all the skills and willing to take on the challenge of wrapping over every single plastic piece of the interior large or small and all shapes as they came.. just crazy like me : )

2. it's not 100% done yet as I still need to put on the speaker covers and sunroof control panel..

3. The momo steering wheel came from a wrx I believe as I bought it off the internet. The airbag system works as I had a great close mechanic friend who helped me with the conversion. The airbag light went off (assuming that means OK!) as soon as we connected the modified receptors back and it was high fives & all! we did have to grind a small portion of the stalk for the svx airbag clock to fit in the momo steering wheel and it was the momo bag receptor that had to be swapped with the original svx bag receptor. I am not all that technical but will try to get some pictures as we still need to reconnect the horn and find a way to make the cruise control work..

4. The screen on the passenge side is actually a TV system intended for the wife... gotta have something designed for her to get her support (for those married should know what I mean here : )... still need a full audio system, been thinking about the 2din alpine set up.. will see..

5. for the transmission shift console, it's still in wood as I plan to make a 6spd conversion and assume that the plate will need to be modified for the manual shift, so, once the gearbox is in place, will finish the carbonfiber conversion.

6. the seats are Recaro sport. Driver side (90% new) with full electric recline and height adjustment, heater, and vent system. The passenger side (brand new) has got the elec height adjustment system. both remain in stock fabric surface. will rewrap them in leather and alcantra once worn out instead of wasting the newness (if I ever drive it often enough)

more to share later... thanks!