View Single Post
Old 06-27-2002, 05:12 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Trevor
Hi Joe your car looks exactly like mine as far as I can recall, my wife has it out at the moment so can't check the back panel. However I do not have the badge on the right rear. What does it say as it is not clear in my read out ? The only "Subaru" visible on mine is on the wheel centres. Colour is exactly as yours. I am not inclined to gaze at mine from the outside as my prime interest is in how it goes and handles. My first option is a quick rack. Did you actually purchase yours while in Japan ?

I note many posts regarding owners having people asking about the car as it is so unusual. This is something I have not experienced since owning the car for 18 mths. The very first comment I have had was a day or two ago when a petrol station attendant remarked " You don't see many six cylinder Subarus about ". Kiwis must be more than average in ther knowledge of cars or simply have become bored by the diversity on display here. I would estimate there are no more than sixty SVX in NZ at the most.
Trevor,
The rear logo says SUBARU, plain and simple. I am going to have the bumpers resprayed, so I will have it taken off and left off at that point.
Same as yours, you would have to look real close to see a maker anywhere. It is embossed on the hub centres, and also on the steering wheel, but hard to spot. Also it says Subaru on the stereo, although the units are made by Panasonic.

60 SVXs is a huge number! They were not imported to Ireland, so very few here know they ever existed. A couple of cognoscenti have come to me at car shows and such, they would be aware from magazines. Mine was the very first I ever saw, and I was not disappointed.

I have never been to Japan, I bought the car off a Japanese website. Talk about impetuous!!

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl