View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner
1 When the car doesn't start hold the ignation in the crank position and look at the dash lights. At this time the radio, clock etc lights should be out but the dash lights should be still bright indicating the ECU still has power.
I expect that we can use this and the cruise control to tell the problem eg if the neutral/park switch in the transmission is causing the problem you can tell by putting the cruise control on and turning the ignation on with the engine stopped and then move the gear stick from neturel/park into a gear. The cruse control relay under the dash above the glove box will click in and out as the gear change is moved from a gear to nuetral.
Tony

Hello Tony and Trevor and thank youvery much for the support shown, please forgive my limits on technical terms.
As Tony wrote, upon attempting ignition, all the lights in and outside the car go dim, but the dash is still fine.
And doing the "cruise control test", everything is as Tony reported, i hear distinct "clicks" when shifting on neutral. I have not taken the time to do the full electrical pathway test as Trevor suggested, but if needed to gather more info, i will.
As i posted in the other thread (strange electrical problem) the battery is new and works perfect, and the electric starter has been replaced less than a year ago, without solving the problem.
Hopefully with the two posts i provided you with all the info you needed in order to be able to help me, but i'm ready to do more studies and reasearches until i find the solution.
Thank you very much,
Ikke