View Single Post
Old 05-20-2002, 08:08 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
<It sounds like it's time to park it lowland & pray for rain. What year is it & what would you expect to pay for another one that would pass inspection? They're not as common as I thought, but I'll keep my eyes open for weekend ads in the
Balto./Washington papers.>

The folks in the valleys have had enough flooding this spring....I couldn't wish that. The Swift GT is a '91 and I have no idea what a used one would cost (I guess I could try kbb.com) since I haven't seen another one for over a year. SVX's are all over the place but Swift GT twincams are rare as hens teeth. I can't complain about it rusting I guess....almost 160k on the original clutch and no mechanical problems. Been through a few shocks and tires though! I took a Accent for a spin the other day, and it was better than I expected. Since I only use the Swift for back-and-forth to school and utility trips, the Accent would probably be a reasonable replacement. My buddy Barry's girlfriend has a one-generation older model Accent and has had zero problems with it. I've ridden in it, and it has no squeeks or rattles and has a much better automatic than the one in Jean's old '89 Swift GT. Decisions....decisions. Don