View Single Post
Old 05-17-2004, 01:38 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Looks like I'll try to sneak by with the RX-7 rims and Mychailo's springs... I just don't see my SVX being competitive with just urethane bushings. Hopefully my filter and exhaust can add 20hp to the mix and I can be competitive in G-Stock with my driving skills!

Thanks for the input!

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by SVXRide
This all typed, let me add that SCCA events are all "self-policed". If you get to the National level, this policing gets very serious (so I've been told by a SCCA Instructor who competes at the National level). Now, how does this factor into what I'm running and what you propose to run....1. The RX-7 rims are slightly, but not noticeably, wider than the stock SVX rims (they're within the rules on diameter and offset), 2. Mychailo's springs do lower the car slightly, but not so much that it's obvious unless there is a stock SVX parked right next to you (right Harry?), 3. My SVX is a 92, so I'm good with my ss brake lines - you wouldn't be - suggest you try the "whole bunch of tie-wraps" approach to getting a firmer pedal - or just buy new stock lines (the stock lines will get a little soft over time), 4. My slotted disks all around are within the rules, 5. Mychailo's 19mm rear bar is definitely a rule breaker - see "local vs national" comments - I'm currently back with the stock bar with some fine tuning until I get another bar from Mychailo, 6. Best I can tell, I can go with a wider tire and still be within the stock rules -- I might just try a 245/45 profile next year if I can find a set on EBay!

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)