View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX
Two typical car problems?

1. A friend with a Suburban has been dealing with a rough idle. He had the fuel injectors replaced as well as the plugs. He has run Seafoam through the gas tank. I checked his codes and he had a misfore on cylinder 1. His fuel trim numbers look good. I think he has either a valve issue or a coil/ignition issue. When I was there yesterday, it was running a little rough but not too bad. He said that he just recently ran seafoam through the oil as well. I'm thinking he has gunked up valves. Comments?

2. Our Tribeca just had the 60K miles service done. Included was a brake fluid change. At the same time, we needed the rear pads done. Now the brake pedal is vibrating slightly and especially when the car is cold. It does it when in park so I know it isn't the rotors. They did switch from DOT3 to DOT4 which should be OK for this car, assuming they drained all of the DOT3 out. Maybe they didn't fully bleed the lines or maybe there is a vacuum leak now? Comments?

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything