Thread: Motor is in
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 11:54 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
The lighter wheels are really not an issue... Granted, less rotational mass is a good thing but in this case, you can look at his time slips and you will see they did not change substantially with the RX-7 wheels. The intake cams took .1 seconds off his time from his previous best run, which goes to show that until the MAF is replaced with one that can accurately read higher airflows, there is no real moving past a stock power level. Chike never ran an MAF bypass that I know of because he didn't want to hack up his only airbox.

You forget that I was the one who did the work on his car for the cams. You forget that Tom was the one who did the 4.44 swap on his car... It seems that somewhere along the line that you have forgotten that Tom has shown you everything you know about an SVX and you show no appreciation. It also seems that you tend to diagnose a clogged exhaust as a bad engine AND transmission and charge someone to buy them and replace them only to find this is not the problem. If you really want me to go into more details of why I am doing all of this, just ask otherwise, there is nothing more to be said in this thread. Your claims of supernatural horsepower from a pulley and an intake are rediculous... by all means, congratulations on beating out the N/A automatic street legal title. Its an acheivement to be held up to the heavens, but don't push your "secrets" and your "mods" on people without some way besides a time slip to back them up. If I drag raced a car in 40* temps the times would be better too

Tom