View Single Post
Old 05-26-2004, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chiketkd
They need to get over themselves... Subaru is adding reliability, quality, true sportiness and style to their line - for the first time ever!!!

-Chike
If you know nothing about Saab's past & present lineup or history, you shouldn't say stuff like that. I was at the Carlisle, PA show this weekend with the Saab club because I have a 2002 9-3 Viggen.

Your comment about style is laughable since Saab took an econobox and made it look far better than the Impreza.

I personally don't care that much about the 9-2x. I think if GM is going to make Saab rebadge a car, it should be a Subaru. The two companies are a good fit for eachother since they both produce quirky and unique cars. The only problems with the 9-2x is the interior is totally Subaru. There was no effort made to hide that. But anyone with a brain in their head will know a 9-2x is really an Impreza no matter what you do to it. If you don't, I don't want to know you.

I think most Saab enthusiasts are against the 9-2x because it marks the beginning of GM's overpowering influence on Saab's future. The 9-2x is the first car that Saab is rebadging from someone else and already the 9-7x (TrailBlazer rebadge) is coming right behind it. Saab Cars USA's headquarters were just moved from Norcoss, GA to Detroit which is another scary move. The writing on the wall indicates that Saab will become the next Oldsmobile. A brand of pseudo-luxury rebadge cars that will ultimately lead to the brand's demise.

Anyway, the 9-2x is supposed to only be a temporary measure to gain younger customers with less income. The next Impreza is rumored to be jointly developed between Subaru and Saab. If true, it will be very interesting to see what the resulting car is like.

I don't want to start a war with anyone since I also own an SVX, so this is probably the only post I will make on the subject.