View Single Post
Old 07-05-2001, 04:15 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Thumbs up

Looks good! You can really see the difference between cloth and leather in your side by side pics. I recently did a bit of work with leather seats myself, but I had a much rougher road than you. I have a 92 LS-L, so I already had the leather, but the two front seats were pretty bad with the cracking and wear, as is the case with most of the ones I've seen around this area. Dayle at Motorsports Warehouse had a slightly used set of the original leather covering itself lying around and I got it for $200. Good deal, but a LOT of work! With no prior upholstery knowledge, I had to take the seats apart down to the frame, figure out how to detach the old leather (tiny metal clips that were a pain in the @$$ to remove and impossible to put back on), and then how to put it all back together. It was quite the process but a great learning experience and moment of bonding with my car

And the end result looked perfect! I need to post some pics of it all soon. You definitely got the great deal though!

One question, it looks like you have a big amp behind the back seat. Hard to tell in the picture how you have that rigged up, with the seat all apart and all. From that angle it almost looks like you have an extra board there or something. I have a couple of amps lying around that I was thinking of installing soon and looking for ideas...

Thanks!