View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 07:53 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Help me plan my exhaust repair/upgrade please?

I love the sound of those glass packs And for $28 a piece roughly, I won't complain

I'm certain it'll sound better than some of the other cars I've owned. I bought a 92 Eclipse a few years back that the PO put a 3" fart cannon on the back of. We live in the middle of nowhere, and I would come home from work late at night and wake the neighbors up with that thing (all 5 of them stretched over 75 acres of land). Needless to say that car didnt stay with me long Plus, I bought a Fiero and got out of DSM's (I'm a sucker for odd ball cars, hence my SVX fetish :rofl: )

What I'm worried about though with my setup is, looking at the pics of the exhaust system from planet SVX, it looks as if the resonator is just upstream of the cat. I found another diagram that shows it in a different location in another thread (the FS thread for the exhaust donuts), so I'm a bit confused as to assembly here...I need a better photo of the exhaust system from directly under the car to see I'm not entirely sure how to go about mounting separate pipes running back from the cat into each of the glass packs, since I am eliminating the cross flow stock muffler (god I hate those damn things, the Fiero had the same type ). That is another goal of this project (and more or less the "upgrade" I mentioned lol)

Last edited by DiabloScoobyru; 03-24-2012 at 07:56 PM.