View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 09:49 PM

valve body in the transfer case?

I am ready to take my beloved 94 LSi to the dealer to finally have the transfer clutches/case done (keep in mind I dont know anything about car repairs, so forgive me if I sound like I dont know what I am talking about because I dont) I am told they think I might need a new valve body in the transfer case and they are having trouble finding one. (The service guy told me they dont want to tear into the transfer case and then find out I need new valve body if they dont have one available.) He said he hasnt been able to find one so far from his usual sources. He has a call into Subaru to find out if they can ship one, the list price on that was $870 if he can get it, but he agrees that is very expensive and he hasnt heard if they can ship him one anyway. He advised me to see if I can find one from another source and he will keep trying also. Does this make sense to you good and talented mechanics here on the forum? Is it possible to find a used one if I need it? I was ready to invest $800-1000 or so into the transfer case but not another $870 into the valve body. (whatever that is)

(I havent been driving the car , but have had to put the FWD fuse in due to the severe AWD binding until I could save up for the repair.) Any help, advice, etc most appreciated.