View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 07:41 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
If this car is not a classic, why are so many existing in such remarkable condition?
Short, and well said.
I know we are a relatively small group when it comes to production numbers, and the amount of these cars still running around on the roads today, but personally, I think Subaru should be reminded of what a REAL legend is.
The SVX is not a myth, it's a car that didn't get a lot of noteriety.
The people that know about this car follow it with lots of energy.
Most people who have seen one {and are even minor car enthusiasts} find joy in seeing another, because they are not routinely seen.
Is This Not A Loose Definition of Legend?

For them to tout the "return of a legend", and re-release a vehicle that has been in production for many years already is a bit confusing to me.

I suppose there was a demand that dictated the move, and if there was to be a demand for the SVX, then it would turn out to be relatively small from the current followers. But when a car company entertains whether, or not to release a certain type of vehicle, how do they test the market anyway?
June '91 Claret LSL #1733, Enkei RS-5's x 16", Original Paint, accompanied by Beautifully speckeled Front Bumper, Sony Audio Components, Small Car Shift Kit, "How to" Hood Lifts {Perfect}, "15 Minute Suspension Mod"
Motorsport Floor Mats. Perma-Cool External T. Filter, New Front Axels {1/2008}. "Classic Radiators" unit "$36 coil alternative" and Tranny rebuild at 287k 8/2012

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles