Thread: SVX STi Version
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2003, 11:11 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Re: SVX STi Version

Quote:
Originally posted by paddlesnz
In '96 or '97 Subaru did a one-off SVX STi version as a show model for a Motor Show. This vehicle has been discussed recently on the Japanese SVX Club. It is STi blue with 'full aero' body kit, Bilstein shocks and maybe other unkown modifications. It has been spotted around Ota City, Gunma which is where the main Subaru factory is and is most probably owned by a Subaru employee.

Well, today I had to go Ota City and on my way back I saw it!! Only caught a quick glimpse as it was going the other way and didn't have time to use my cell-phone camera. Just my bad luck.

I have to go back to Ota City next week and this time I'll be ready but most probably won't see it again.

*shakes head*

Dear oh dear..."only caught a quick glimpse as it was going the other way". Tut tut - shame on you! I can't remember how many times I was going somewhere, usually with Cassie (and running late - my fault as usual) when the quiet serenity of the Camry was ended with "Look, an SVX" screamed in Cassie's ear, as full lock was applied with one hand, the handbrake with the other and Cass, face plastered against the passenger window by the now 180 degree spin, hurled abuse at me and the 4cyl was flogged senseless amidst a torrent of tire smoke as we took off in pursuit...correction..as I took off in pursuit with Cass a reluctant passenger!

*joking* Guys, we need to book a group flight to Gunma to find this car!!! Did the bodykit look like any other that has been seen in the past??

Well done!!

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!