View Single Post
Old 09-27-2003, 01:05 PM

Lightbulb Need HELP! vis'-a-vis' SOA contacts, please!

Please advise me via this thread OR with a private message the names/location/tel#? of any Subaru of America service/warranty types you have had dealings with in regards to warranty issues, especially as they relate to SVX rear wheel bearings.

I've got a (Western) Regional Service Manager in my sights, but I would much prefer to climb higher and higher in the organization with my complaint/premise:

The rear wheel bearings are (1.) either a design or a manufacturing defect, or, (2.) Subaru dealership service departments are unable to properly install replacement bearings. No matter how many times they try.

As a result I feel that SOA has at the very minimum a duty to the original purchaser of a new SVX to replace them for the life of the car. Perhaps, even, a reasonable mileage guarantee for repairs as it applies to subsequent owners?

I plan to take this as far as is needed and have not entirely ruled out a lawsuit/small claims action. I'd prefer to just make a total nuisance of myself but at a level that they can't just ignore.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation & consideration!
' 87 F250 @ 180K
' 93 ZX-11D @ 29K
' 93 SC400 @ 93K
2001 Valkyrie Interstate @ 6.6K (Brynhild)
Y2K NightHawk 250 @ 1,500 miles
' 88 420SEL II. @ 208K
'85 F150 @ 135K