View Single Post
Old 04-08-2003, 07:47 PM

Angry

I have pretty much the same problem with my '92 LSL. I have error codes 23, 24, & 28, which doesn't narrow it down enough really, since these could be the "Air Flow Sensor," "Bypass Air Control Solenoid Valve," or the "Knock Sensor 2 (LH)." I took it into the local Subaru mechanic (S-Wings), where they read & cleared the codes, but the codes didn't come back at that time, so we didn't do anything. Since then, the codes have come back (it has died many many times). S-Wings said they have seen problems with a faulty Knock Sensor causing similar problems. Has anyone else seen this with the Knock Sensor?

The dying happens randomly: at medium revs, low revs, when starting, when idling, when cold, when warm: basically, anytime. It originally wasn't running rough, but as the problem has been getting worse, it seems to run rougher. Also, sometimes it barely runs, has little power, and then dies. On the alternator possibility: I have noticed my lights dimming sometimes when my turn signal is on, but nothing else. The battery is something around 750cca (yes, I bought a big one) and is fairly new (around 6 months). About all I've done is run 1/2 tank of Fuel Injector cleaner treated gas through it, and drove it about 5 miles with Octane boost, since I was having trouble getting it home the last time. None of this seems to have made any difference.
'00 Impreza Outback Sport, 'silverthorn met titanium,' 134k miles