View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
originally posted on 10/20/07

"I recomend you put the front of your car up on jack stands and run it until it gets hot and you find the leak. If it won't overheat at idle full of coolant that is at least a good sign. From that point to get it hotter and look for a leak that only occurs at higher pressure just unplug a fan.

If there is an external leak you should find it that way. If there isn't then you probably have a bad head gasket. Since you are not in the financial place to fix that right, if you do have a bad head gasket, get a bottle of blue devil a new factory thermostat and 2 new factory thermostat gaskets. Blue devil is a clear blue liquid. It does not have any bits and pieces of stuff in it. It DOES work. For it to work you need to drain your coolant. Drain the radiator, remove your thermostat and cut the operating parts out of it (it's only held together by some bent tabs), reinstall the thermostat, fill the system with water, disconnect the top radiator hose from the radiator, and run the engine while keeping up with adding water to the radiator with a hose as best as you can (obviously be prepared to make a mess). Then reattach your raditor hose and fill with water and the bottle of blue devil. Drive it around and get it good and hot. After a couple days drain it and install the new thermostat and coolant. (remember actually follow my directions--it won't work with coolant; it has to be in water; it will glue the thermostat closed if you leave it in). Blue devil is about $40 a bottle but it DOES work."

Honestly after a month of fiddling I don't know why people keep throwing random ideas at him and he keeps trying random things. Maybe he just doesn't own jack stands.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suby Fan View Post
an easy way to disable the fuel ignition system is to pull the fuel pump relay you will need a flash light to see the teeth... as far as a picture goes i dont have any but if you really need to see what the teeth look find a water pump at your local parts store LAN whats your process?