Thread: Facebook
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 12:49 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade View Post
There is a thread on this forum that mentions it. http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64220

Front brakes only. It involves 2006 - 2007 WRX 4-pot calipers (standard not Brembo’s), Tribeca rotors (any year), custom spacers to enable the calipers to span the thicker rotors, pins and O-rings from ‘95 Nissan 300ZX calipers (cheap and readily available). The tough part is the custom CNC-milled spacers. I bought them from Josh Bettencourt, an SVXNation regular, who had a batch fabbed by his local machinist based on a design developed by someone else, for $90. Supposedly Jamie Price will be selling a bolt-on kit that includes all of these components in a package, but it is $1200 - $1500, depending on quality of components. I elected to put it together myself, (cheaper than the kit and I could pick my components). So, Stoptech vented, slotted, cryogenic-treated rotors, and Powerstop Trackday carbon-metallic pads, along with NOS WRX calipers. So, all components, for less than $1000. Granted, Jamie’s kit includes SS lines, but I already have that. Now, it’s just bolt it all on. But, to get there you will have to go to Facebook to get the custom spacers.

It definitely fits under 17” wheels and fits under most 16” wheels. OEM wheels may require a 5mm spacer.
Thanks for the info