Thread: Facebook
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 07:32 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Facebook

I joined the SVXNation group on Facebook a few months ago and have been fairly active. Also, have been a member of this forum for 15 years. This forum has provided me with both friends and enablers, along with mountains of information about how to expand my SVX experience. It also is an invaluable archive of what folks have tried and succeeded or tried and failed to make their cars better. All of that knowledge is easily available through the search algorithm, and it is naturally organized by topic through the thread mechanism. Maybe I’m just old and out of touch but I find that Facebook doesn’t provide that in-depth information access, storage and retrieval. It’s immediate gratification, with likes and thumbs up, but I can’t seem to retrieve that interesting post that happened 6 weeks ago.

Now, there’s some kind of drama involving an alternate group that I don’t understand, nor care about. Don’t get me wrong, there seem to be some really good people there, but I’m not into the personality contest thing. Over the years, Earle and the other admins have successfully kept that stuff out of this forum.

By the way, have my emerald green back and am driving it. Even though it shares the garage with my 911 Turbo S cabrio, I find that it is the more engaging drive. I missed it these last 4 years. Now a 2 SVX family with ‘95 Brillian Red DD.

The one major thing I’ve gotten from SVXNation is the opportunity to implement the WRX 4-pot, Tribeca rotor brake upgrade, the first successful bolt-on semi-big brake kit I’ve seen.

All of this is by way of saying a thank you to the loyal members of this forum and express the hope that it will endure, even in the face of competition from the more “modern” medium

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

2017 Subaru Forester XT, metallic dark gray, 29,xxx

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio, 24,xxx

2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean, 166,xxx sold

92 LSL Dark Teal, Smallcar Shift Kit - sold

Last edited by shotgunslade; 06-22-2018 at 07:38 AM.