View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomake Wan
Sadly, from the search I did, it would appear that if anyone knows the part numbers for the SSM1, they aren't sharing. Probably because it was superceded by the SSMII and therefore nothing for it is available anymore even if you did have the part numbers.

That said, I still don't think it's in the software. I don't think there's some special "1992 Interpretation Protocol" written in the SVX cartridge. I think it's all down to the actual connection hardware.

Which means I have to take back what I was saying earlier, sorta... maybe it is the cable... or yeah it probably is...
There is nothing special about the 92 ecu besides the fact that it doesn't read EGR temps like other years. The fact that our memory chips are interchangable between 92-95 also tells us there is nothing special... There has got to be something with the wiring like you have mentioned... Contact svxfiles about info on the SSMver1 as he owns at least 2 and knows a lot about them by now. I am looking for something that can data log the OBDI ecu for tuning purposes and sharing with my developer (LAN) on more than a verbal level. Exchanging readings to the T without having to hold the select monitor in one hand, shift with the other and steer with a phantom 3rd limb and use my 3rd eye for catching whats going on in the road in front of me... I think the SSMver1 clip connected to the SSMv2 harness is going to be your winner

Tom