View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 03:45 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Dropping in to say Hi :)

Just playing on the computer today and realized I hadn't been to this site in a very long time (I do keep up with the SVX world via the Facebook groups, which is much easier to digest on a phone, which is all I generally use when not working).

I figured I'd say hi over here in the NW section. I have a lot of fond memories of all the big events we used to do back in the good ol' days when we had a big group and lots of NW activities. So many have moved on (myself included), but good to see a few familiar names still popping up in here.

I can't believe it has been 2 1/2 years since I moved down to California and we had our last big cruise back in June of 2012 I believe.

I still have my SVX but it's been under a cover in the garage for almost a year now. It started having a bit of transmission quirkiness and I didn't need to really drive it so it stayed close to home. Then it started to exhibit possible headgasket failure symptoms, so now it has really sat. Several months ago I tried to pull it out of the garage and the battery was dead. A replacement battery died after running it around the block a few times and putting it back in the garage. So thinking before anything else, an alternator or other electrical troubleshooting is in order. And then the big stuff. Sigh.

Meantime I am enjoying our 2008 Volvo XC90 Sport, an AWD, V8, 7 seat battle tank that can still out accelerate and out corner my SVX.

And I just picked up a 2004 Audi S4 Cabriolet, another AWD V8 toy for sunny days.

Car life is good, but I still have hopes of one day restoring my SVX. And I sure miss all the SVX owners past and present up there in the Pacific Northwest. Cheers!

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...