View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 05:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to redlinedeath Send a message via Yahoo to redlinedeath
ABS, a necessity or a neusance?

So to ABS, or not to ABS, that is the question...corny, i know, but thats how i roll.
anyhow, heres my question, ive been driving for about 9 years, maybe a bit longer, and have never owned a car with ABS, teaching me to find the traction limits of every car ive owned. i live in a snowy areay during the winters, and rainy(ish) during the springs, and late falls (southeast wisconsin). ive slid every car ive owned to a stop 7-8 times, and i mean looooong, scary high speed slides... but those were all within a day or two of getting the car road ready, tune-up, testing and such, and was just me screwing around, finding the car, tire and brake limits for those *oh sh!t* moments, or testing and learning new tires or new brake pads. ive had the occasional 1-2 foot slides while brakeing on bad fresh snow or ice, but those dont concern me, i never follow closely, and keep an eye on surroundings at all times, and always drive within my limits. the problem lays in the fact that every time ive driven a car with abs in slippery weather, ive felt VERY uncomfortable with the brakeing feel and results of ABS, and when the svx is done and on the road, there will still be snow and ice, and it will be my daily driver, and im a little worried about this. so what are everyones views on abs, and what would happen if i removed all the abs "bs" from my svx? flames, suggestions, comments and input welcome!