View Single Post
Old 04-25-2002, 01:16 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Daryl-

Don't listen to Stockets, he just has this hangup about mods and all that.

Stockets-

I think anyone should be able to express their creative thoughts. Daryl's way of doing this is through modifying his car. It really is a form of creative art, and it is a very good thing. You're such a stick in the mud! SHHHEEESHHHH!

-Mike

PS- I love doing things to make my car unique, and I do it in a different way. This is because I am expressing MY creativeness.
All I did was ask a question, Mike. And let me make this abundantly clear, because I don't like to be misunderstood:

I never said that anybody, Daryl or whomever, shouldn't be allowed to express themselves.

I'm pretty sure I got that across in my first post. So you take it back - because if I'm going to say one thing and then have you contradict it by telling me I said the opposite, then we can't have this conversation. I don't play that game. So take it back.

Here, let me put it this way. I was not discouraging Daryl from modifying his car. I was encouraging it. I am a creative person by day and by night. If I'm not creative on a daily basis, I will lose my job. So I am all for creativity, even if it means expressing that creativity on or in the SVX. I don't like it, but, hell, it's your car.

Where was I going with this? Oh, yeah. I mean to encourage all of you to be more creative. Don't do the same thing that the kid down the street is doing. Don't take style cues from one car and put them on your own (tail lights from a Toyota or fender vents from a BMW). The SVX stands out because it is an original work. So, if you want your SVX to stand out from other SVXs, then make yours an original work.

SHHHEEEEEESSHHHH!

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 04-25-2002 at 01:20 PM.