View Single Post
Old 04-25-2002, 12:35 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Finally got some pictures up.

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedVX
Alright to those who have asked...I finally got some pictures in my locker

And to those who like to point and laugh....go ahead but just remember everyone here bought this car because it stands out from the rest. I wanted my SVX to stand out from all the other SVX's out there. It's the same principle..im just more liberal. Also as far as the exhaust goes..its not done...im adding a second muffler to give it that Corvette ZO6 look. They wont be sticking out that bad when its done b/c they'll be on either side of the differential. So any comments or criticism welcome.....ideas too!
Okay, I'm going to stick my hand in the fire and TRY to ask a reasonable question.

You give the same reason for 'modding' you car that I hear from a lot of 'modders' out there: 'I want my car to be more original.'

If you guys want your cars to be more original, then why do you all do the same things? Subwoofers in the trunk, paint the same things yellow, aluminum inserts in any openings on the car.

I will fully admit it - I cringe when I see the SVX altered. To me it's like saying, 'you know, we should really update Mona Lisa's wardrobe.' But I'm also a creative person, and therefore I understand the desire to embellish and express.

So why don't you try something truly original, if that's really what you're going after?

Alright, so now I will wait for the endless posts accusing me of 'hatin' on' somebody or telling you guys that you can't do whatever you want to your own car - neither of which are true, by the way.

FYI, I noticed in one picture that your front wheels are on backwards. I didn't look for it in the rest of the photos, so maybe you've already fixed it. I just thought you should know.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE