Thread: PS3 trailer
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 02:03 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
if it turns out to be popular, why wouldn't it be copied?

look at all the PS2-style computer game controllers.
While I'm sure the controller is quite versatile, doubling (tripling?) as a light gun, tv remote, and nun chucku, I don't see the demand in the PS3 or X360 markets being high enough to warrant that kind of development. I do think if it's popular with NinRev it could have more ergonomical incarnations released through third parties, but the majority of NinRevs games will likely be based around it's controller. PS3 and X360 games will be fine tuned to use standard fare controllers and using the NR style might present huge issues and quirks.
NinRevs plan-B however is to make the left-hand remote portion of the controller adaptable to standardized controllers through an add-on slot at the base so they have everything worked out.

The standard Dual Shock and it's successors are however the most popular controller ever concieved. That's why the PS3 will have the DS layout even though it's been implemented into a boomerang-like object. I honestly don't see the Rev style being of any good use for anything but FPSs and quirky motion sensing party games.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.