Thread: 5Speed
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2002, 03:28 AM

Registered SVX
You should do some more research before making mindless mods. particularly into rules and regulations. Do you have a valid competition licence or plans to do the necessary to obtain one ? You are not talking about a ride down the local drag strip." Fats " on the back will turn it into an understeering sledge. Why would you consider fitting them to an AWD car?

If you only want to have fun drive it as it is at least for a start and you may be surprised that the engineers who built it know more than you do about handling. You can then decide exacly what improvements may be worthwhile. But to be sure you will require a very fat pay packet to cover even entry fees, safety gear and running expenses.

I have raced many cars and purchased my SVX on the basis of its very couth and balanced handling and it is capable of being driven very quickly. I for one am not convinced the brakes will prove a problem if a driver knows what he is about, accepted that one has to retard a lot of motor car.

Make a single alteration and you will upest the balance. Embark on a series of alterations and you will get no where without an expensive, frustrating programme of track testing. Open your mouth and cheque book in the wrong circles and you will be talked into a lot of looks good only junk.

Does the racing in which you intend to compete require the fitting of a role cage as I would invisage? A certified cage is very expensive and would ruin the resale value of your car. The SVX would not be elligible for classic racing.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 05-22-2002 at 03:45 AM.