View Single Post
Old 08-23-2001, 04:00 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Thanks Randy

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Bearing and inner and outer seals (right side only) will cost a total of 102.63 plus 10.26 shipping from subaruparts.com (they're virtually in your back yard, Titus Subaru in Tacoma). The book lists 1.5 hours per side for labor. Your independent dealer will likely buy from the local Dealership which will cost more in parts. I would think they wouldn't mind if you ordered the parts. Ask them exactly what they'll need, order from subaruparts.com, then, have the deal done.

PN's
Bearing Right 28016PA000
Inner Oil Seal, Right 28015PA010
Outer Oil Seal, RIght 28015PA000

Obviously, if they replace incidentals like the hub nut, grease cap, or other, it'll cost a little more. If you decide to order your own parts, and you need the other part numbers (they specify them), PM me and I'll get them for you.
I had ordered from subaruparts.com before, and was thinking of checking them out. The numbers you gave me will help. I was going to order a few other things from them soon anyway, so I can just combine everything in an order and pay the $10 shipping once. (they did it for me last time) I'll take your advice and check with the shop though and see if they would prefer anything else be added to that. But it looks like if I order my own parts and it's 1.5 hrs labor, I should significantly cut down on that estimate. I'll PM you if I need any more help with the numbers. Thanks!