View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: 92 LSL misfiring, terrible fuel economy, CEL codes... Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
I pulled the injector wires one by one and isolated cylinder 6 as the problem. I have spare injectors but how the heck do you get the injector out of the fuel rail. I removed the 2 screws and the half moon cap but can only rotate the injector, I can't get it to pull out at all.
New plugs are probably in order but not in our frigid temps.

P.S. I have an occassional code#37 oxygen sensor but I'm sure the problem is not related.
Use a large screwdriver to gently pry up on the plastic connector part of the injector as you turn it slightly. It will pop out eventually with a little persuasion. Since you plan to replace the injector and wouldn't mind a little damage to the plastic part you could instead use a channel lock and just grasp the plastic part of the injector and pull up as you turn it.
Hopefully it is just the injector and not the coil pack but more often the coil pack fails instead of the injector.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.