View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 07:11 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX
Re: supercharger or turbo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT6Wagon View Post
However they usualy have a boost curve that is directly locked to the RPM of the [motor].
This is true of centrifugals, but a twin-screw will hit full boost before any other method.

Forced induction on the SVX essentially comes down to your demands of ease to install and the boost curve you want. If you're asking my opinion, it'll look like this:

Centrifugal: Contact OT (svxfiles) - He's probably got the most current active formula for forced induction. This is the easiest install and the best aidabatic efficiency (least demand for an intercooler), but the inherent properties of the centrifugal give it the most lag of the three.

Twin-screw: Since ECUTune's Stage III is OOP, you'll have to come up with a custom intake manifold. When you do, it'll either be tight on plenum space or poke through your hood some, but boost is available anytime the engine's running.

Turbo: I'm pretty sure you have to use the Wayback Machine to find the last formulated turbo kit, but there have been a number of successful turbo installs. I'd consider this the most challenging install as the welding requires the most creativity and the necessity of an intercooler will demand some cutting. Beyond that, this is best described by somebody with more experience than I have.