View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 08:05 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Onetrack Send a message via AIM to Onetrack Send a message via MSN to Onetrack Send a message via Skype™ to Onetrack
Re: People to watch out for

Regarding the VIN - when I originally tried to register the car it came up with an error due to the japanese car having a short vin number - All I had to do was have an insurance agent witness the Vin on the engine and frame (only 2 locations was required) and then once accepted she continued the insurance process with an override - A few days later I received a registered letter stating the insurance company accepted the short VIN.

Since it currently is the only right hand drive in BC the RCMP registered a custom VIC (vehicle information code?) for it, the short one they one-handed hammer into their onboard computers which brings up all the registration, owner information etc. I didn't have to do anything for this, they just did it and sent it, saying that because it was the only one they had to create it.

The idea as stated before is that I would just drive it right across the border to its destination, and leave it there - returning in something else or try to explain to the TSA why I was flying one way

This thread has really expanded with some good information - keep it rolling guys.

-One
RHD JDM - New JVC Head Unit
Quickchange kit