Thread: Anticipation
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by svxeno

lee,

I'll definatley post what I think about the kit. Do you prefer the soft shift or something more firm? I really don't like the "soft" shift of the SVX. It's my first automatic tranny in 18 years.

Yup, the fiat is repainted. I think about 4 times. Very poorly done as well but I think it's what kept the rust down. I didn't realize there was a '91 124.

Randy (Kit's and paint, I got it all )ii
I prefer firm shifts. In that vein I've replaced the stock dropping resistor with a 500 Ohm load which is the highest value that prevents the dreaded blinking power light while mostly preserving the feel of the "no resistor" option. Firming up at other shifts points would be good too IMHO.

Yes, actually two models were sold in 1991, the spyder, and the sport coupe. I actually owned both at the same time for awhile - the coupe was white over black, even had A/C - I drove it round-trip from Pensacola FLA to Santa Cruz CA twice summer of 1976. They had 5-speeds with twin-cam 1600cc engines then. I think the first 124 appeared in the late 80s. I really liked the looks, thought the 124s were way better than the MGs and TRs of the time - still do - Italian design, gotta love 'em