Thread: Information
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ4U2
I know this might of been in this forum before but for me i would like to see a place by itself where the one's that do work on the svx or other vehilcles but mainly the SVX and what they do and a location. It is hard to find someone with knowledge to work on these without costing a arm and leg it might be worth a trip to get some work done..
Try looking around in your area for a local mechanic who knows his (or her) stuff and won't shy away from the SVX just because he or she has never seen one before. It's just a car. If anyone tries to tell you differently, take your business elsewhere.

The guys I trade with probably wouldn't be interested in transmission rebuilds or mods requiring much fabrication, but they've never groused about my cars, and I've never had cause to complain about their work. I doubt they're the cheapest joint around, but suspect a dealership would charge twice as much (if there were a Suby dealership anywhere near here).

Find someone who does good work, and stick with 'em. You might be surprised to what extent they'll be willing to help keep your SVX on the road.

dcb