View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 03:48 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Presidential Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
I don't agree with a lot of the platform either but I also recognize that going that route uses something that the parties have taken from you over the past 100 years. Personal responsibility and takes gov't involvement out of activities where the founders never felt the feds had any role in anyways. If you haven't read his lates book 7 principles of good gov't it is very good.
I will have to check that book. I have gotten back into reading sometimes after a long hiatus, thanks to kindle and audiobooks on my phone.

Basically, here's what I like about GJ (from what I know about him):

Getting rid of the Fed.
Not spending billions on the stupid-ass drug war.
Separation of church/state and letting gay marriage be a state issue.
Foreign policy.
Personal freedoms.
The AMA he did on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...ian_candidate/

However, I would like to know more about his policies toward corporations. I feel strongly that corporations have too much power over this country and I think they need to be kept more separate from gov't affairs.

Obama has been a disappointment, but Romney is a far worse alternative. If I were to vote for Obama, it would be a vote against Romney.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album